The Random Acts of Kindness Challenge is supposed to teach us the following things:
- appreciate the things we already have
- acknowledge that every individual has the power & responsibility to shape this world for the better
- acknowledge that even small acts of kindness can have a huge impact on people in need
Just the fact that you can read this post with your laptop or PC is something to be grateful for, then according to this Statistic only 34.3 % of the world’s population has access to the internet. Can you imagine? We are a lucky few. Nothing new can come into your life, unless you’re grateful for what you already have.
I got the inspiration for this challenge from the video posted below. It’s about an online celebrity (known for doing pranks), who gives a helping hand to a homeless man. This short clip (estimated time: 6min.) will demonstrate you appreciation for things that we take for granted like: food, shelter, clothes and a warm bed. I hope you enjoy the video, as much as I did.
If you’ve seen the video, then you’re probably thinking:”Man, I’d like to help out, but I don’t have as much money as him”.
Well don’t worry, neither do I, but we still can help in various ways, which don’t necessarly include money. It can be something small like helping an old lady cross the street.
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
Here is a list of things that you could do, even if you’re not a millionaire:
- give a homeless person a water bottle and something small to eat
- donate your unused clothes
- tell someone that you appreciate them
- call your parents and grand-parents and tell them that you love them
- plant a tree
- donate some blood
- donate an amount you feel comfortable with to charity
- clean the streets
- distribute apples to the homeless
- compliment strangers
I think you got the picture. Now, I challenge you to try the “Random Act of Kindness Challenge”. The only rule is to show some kindness at least once a week for a whole month.
Let’s make a change for the positive in this world, it doesn’t matter how small, as long as we bring a smile to someone in this world. So please share this post, so we can help even more people worldwide!
If you have helped someone in a special way and you care to share, please like “Manprovement 101″ on Facebook and write on my wall.
Would love to hear your take on this challenge and your insights!
Thanks for reading..Keep improving!