According to Abraham Maslow, an American Psychologist people have 5 needs that have to be met in order to lead a fulfilling life.
- Physiological needs such as food, water, sex and sleep.
- Safety & security needs such as security of shelter, health and employment.
- Need of love and belonging from a “tribe” (family or friends).
- The need of self-esteem. Being respected by others and having a high sense of value.
- Last but not least, the need for self-actualization. Finding one’s passion, being able to express creativity and acting morally.
Because you’re reading this post, I’m assuming you have the first two steps of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs covered, or otherwise you would lack an internet connection like 4 billion of the human population (4’612’328’546 to be exact, according to http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm in 2012).
This post is a wake up call. I want you to be aware of how good we actually have it. You and I have food, shelter and love given at any time we wish, yet we take it for granted, instead of being grateful.
If you are healthy, live under a roof, have a job and a healthy bond with your family, yet you still have problems, then you have to be aware that you’re problems are all made up.
We wake up go to work, filled with anger and in a bad mood. Yet we have everything that we need. Why don’t we appreciate the fact that we have the first two steps of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs covered and be happy and grateful for it!
We have it so good, that we make up problems just to make our lives more interesting.
Instead of making things up, just to entertain ourselves..We could seek to cover the last three steps of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and move forward instead of backwards, so in order to take the next step, we have to:
I hope that this post made you think and act upon it.
Thanks for reading..Keep improving!